Brothers and sisters in Christ,
The day of Pentecost is a day of new beginnings. The Holy Spirit comes to us and leads us in new and unpredictable ways. We don’t seek to understand exactly how the Spirit leads, but we trust that He continues to lead us further into the realities opened to us through our being clothed with Christ in baptism.
Today I announce to you a new beginning. I have been given a new appointment in the Virginia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. I am being sent to the Eastern Shore District and will be the pastor of Grace UMC in Parksley, VA beginning July 1, 2010. Though it is difficult for me knowing I must leave a people who I have grown to love deeply, I trust that the same God who has faithfully led us in Faber will lead us faithfully to Parksley and beyond. My prayer is that, by the power of the Holy Spirit, I will be found a faithful witness to the resurrection of Jesus Christ regardless of where I am sent.
My last Sunday with you will be June 20, 2010. On that day, I will lead you to the table of our Lord for the last time as your pastor. Even though I will cease to be your pastor, I will always be your brother who loves you and who prays for you. There will always be a special place in my heart for my brothers and sisters at Rock Spring United Methodist Church.
May the Holy Spirit continue to mold you more and more into a living sacrament of the life of God as you continue to faithfully worship and serve Him in Spirit and in Truth.
Alleluia! Christ is risen!
Pastor Tommy
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.